This site now runs on WordPress. As I mentioned in my first post, Blogger was intended only as a step between nothing and a more full-featured solution. At the time that was MT; after the recent brouhaha over licensing I decided to look elsewhere to avoid any possible hassles. For whatever reason, WordPress came up quite a bit, so I figured I’d give it a try. It seems to work quite well for what I do, and as it’s PHP-based, getting set up is simple (no file attribute tweaking, etc.).
I’ve also spent a little time reading about the development efforts behind it. The UI changes definitely are a good thing, though there are still a few places that need to be converted. Overall, the admin interface strikes me as very clean, although it’s rather difficult to get to certain settings without searching to find out for sure where a feature is located.
I’ve also submitted my first feature request. It’s a simple feature I’ve already hacked into this blog installation, but I’m reasonably sure my method isn’t good enough for the real code. I’ll leave it up to a real coder, and for now I’ll stick with my hack.